Here’s all the foods you need to eat daily and on a regular basis. They are known as the Seven Principal Nutrients.
- Proteins: Which compose muscles, organs, antibodies and enzymes.
- Carbohydrates: body’s principal source of energy. You need both simple and complex carbs.
- Vitamins: Helps to regulate many bodily functions, including digestive and nervous system
- Minerals: Essential for numerous processes from bone formation to heart functions; they become part of the body
- Fats: Numerous body functions from warmth to maintain healthy skin
- Fiber: Aids in the elimination of body waste and reduces the risk of contracting certain diseases; the indigestible part of the carbohydrate
- Water: Basis for all body fluids, cell processes and organ function.
Which foods contain these?
- Protein: Nuts, eggs, beans, soy, peas, milk,cheese, poultry, lean meats, fish
- Carbohydrates: Breads. macaroni, spaghetti, table sugar, syrup, cereals, crackers, potatoes
- Vitamins: Green vegetables, oranges, lemons, butter, melons, tomatoes, herbs, bananas, root vegetables
- Minerals: shellfish, apricots, fluoridated water, broccoli, whole grains, leafy green vegetables, organ meets
- Fats: cream, fat meats, butter, nuts, cooking fats, table and salad oils
- Fiber: bran, leafy vegetables, whole wheat, root vegetables, cereals, fruit pulp
- Water: Make sure it’s clean