The secret to nutrition and energy is eating all natural and balanced meals. One of the key nutrients you need on a daily basis is protein. Before we get into the list of foods with high protein let’s take a look at its importance and why only natural proteins should be eaten.
Why is it Important
Protein composes many important parts of our body including:
- Our muscles: Anyone wishing to make any gains with muscle development will need protein in their lives. Remember though your goal should be health and balance. Some people go overboard and eat too much protein and unsafe protein drinks to gain as much mass as possible.
- Our organs: Healthy organs are a top priority for optimal health. Having large muscles without having a strong kidney, heart or liver is pointless and will lead to health problems. In fact having strong internal organs is much more important than a superficially muscular body.
- Our antibodies: Antibodies are key for a healthy immune system and are tasked with identifying pathogens (bacteria and viruses) and making sure they don’t spread which stops sickness and disease.
- Our Enzymes: Enzymes break down the nutrients inside food and help use it to produce our bodies energy.
It’s very important to eat natural protein and not processed (frozen and canned) because processed foods have been altered form their natural state. This diminishes their nutritional value and reduces the important enzymes you need for good health.
List of 7 High Protein Foods
- Nuts: Almonds, cashews and Pistachios are not only really good for you but taste really good too. They make for a perfect snack and you can benefit greatly from replacing unhealthy snacks, like chips, with them. And they will do a better job than you think on making you feel full which can prevent overeating. Remember raw and dry roasted nuts!
- Eggs: Eggs are a a really good breakfast food and there are a million different ways you can eat them. Some people believe eggs have too much fat but that’s not the case. The white of the egg has no fat and the yoke has very little. And remember you need fat in your diet; it just needs to be healthy fats. Avoid drinking eggs raw like Rocky though!
- Beans, Soys, and Peas: There are so many types of beans out there and they include lupin beans, soybeans, green beans, lentils, white beans, kidney beans, lima beans and so many more. Each one has its own benefits and its own taste. They make for great sides at dinner.
- Milk and Cheese: There’s a reason why mothers produce milk for their new born babies; it’s essential for their healthy and is for adults too. Again some people say milk is too fattening but your body needs healthy fats and you need fat on your body to be healthy. Our standards of beauty is off and certainly isn’t based on healthiness. Cheese is just another way to enjoy dairy products and to get its nutritional value.
- Poultry: Poultry is chicken, duck, turkey and geese and is very good for you. There are so many ways to enjoy all those and can be enjoyed in the morning, afternoon and night. You can get creative with your meals and what you do with them!
- Lean Meats: There’s a big difference between lean meat and meat high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Lean meat includes round steaks, roasts, top loin, top sirloin, chuck shoulder and arm roasts. Unhealthy fats are in deep fried foods, burgers and stuff like that.
- Fish: High protein fish includes cod, halibut, haddock, tuna and many others. Fish is another meal with so many different ways of cooking and different flavors that it’s impossible to get bored of.
An important concept to get down which I mentioned before is the fact you must eat balanced meals. A lot people load up on protein all at once and overload on it.
Protein isn’t the only thing you need and there are other equally important nutrient sources you need to incorporate in the same meals as protein.
Becoming a member here at Perfect Health At Home will give you access to a full nutritional guide with the Seven Principal Classes of Nutrients (protein is one of them). There you will learn tips on how to balance out your meals and what makes up the seven classes.
Other Little Eating Tips
There’s a few rules you should remember when eating that will give you the most of your food. A really key thing to remember is you must digest your food properly to get the full benefit.
Here are a few ways to ensure you do this:
- Never eat when rushed. It is much better to relax and sit down for your meal than to just jam it into your mouth as your hurry out the door. If you are short on time have a small snack that will hold you over until you can properly enjoy your food.
- It’s better to eat too little than too much. It may shock you but more people in the world die from the complications of overeating than undereating. So if you’re torn between how much to eat opt to eat less.
- Your digestive system needs breaks. When you workout a muscle hard you need to let it rest so it can build strength. This true for your digestive system. It is really healthy to
go a day without eating and just drink water every few weeks or to skip a meal every once in a while. Your digestive system will get a much needed rest and cleanse in these moments
- Lastly, always make sure to chew your food thoroughly. Much of the digestive process is done during chewing and your food must be broken down properly in your mouth. So make sure to chew slowly and actually taste and savor your food. Also, don’t drink while eating; do that before and after.
Your Health is too Important to Delay
Your health is very important to your happiness and some would argue the most important aspect. I created this website because I’m a firm believer in that.
Without health life is a drag with little joy. Everything becomes a matter of will and it can lead to depression, anger and anxiety. It can make you disdainful towards life and others.
One way to ensure health is through smart eating decisions. Make sure to enjoy healthy eating though. Don’t turn it into something dreadful. Take your time and experiment with different foods and find what you like. Being healthy is suppose to be fun.
Keep in mind, nutrition is just one aspect of maintaining a healthy life. I mentioned becoming a member gives you access to a valuable nutrition guide but you also get access to one of the best exercise routines known to man.
It’s called My System and works out every muscle while improving your lungs, skin and internal organs. It’s done in a fast and safe fifteen minutes and combines exercise, deep breathing, self massage and your daily shower to relax, strengthen and tone your body. No equipment is needed either and can easily be done at home.
Only people who are strong inside and out truly are healthy and it will do just that.
I hope you enjoyed this article. Please comment below any thoughts and opinions and I’ll make sure to respond. Also, let your friends and family see this on social media.
Thanks for reading!
I really enjoyed this article, as Iâ€™m gluten intolerant and eat a ton of proteins, as Iâ€™m naturally inclined toward meals that are protein+veg.
I wondered if you can advise? If you are having 3 serves of main meal proteins per day, plus nuts in snacks..is that too much protein?
What can happen if you eat too much?
I also wondered about your thoughts on pork. I donâ€™t eat a lot of it, but a friend recently mentioned that bacon/ham takes weeks and weeks to breakdown, which is bad for me as I have a terrible digestive system. Is cooked lean pork fillet the same?
Thanks for the comment Yvette
And the problem with eating too much protein is youll miss out on other nutrients and become undernourished. As long as youre getting your carbs, vitamins and things like that you’ll be fine.
And bacon and ham are high in saturated fats. A lean pork fillet is fine
Wow what a great page. You provide so much significant information for your reader. You give great detail about why a person needs protein, where to find it and tips on how to eat overall. Your content is exceptional! The only thing I could suggest is more pictures and if you could find a way to present your info as maybe an outline or streamlined bullet points – I only mention this since you have so much info that it may seem like too much to read and you may lose some readers that way.
Thanks for commenting Erin
I appreacaite the compliment and I”ll look into your suggestions going foward.
I never realized how much protein played a part in everyday consumption, until after reading this article. Honestly when I think of protein, I think of building muscle and losing fat. Never really thought of all the other parts of the body that are effected by the health of other organs based on how well they are functioning.
Protein plays a huge role in your bodies health. It’s so important and plays a bigger role than just building muscle. If you get propper protein you will see improvements in your health.
Just an absolute great article. This information is honest and truthful. I didn’t know of some of these high quality foods that contain protein. Protein is essential for your body.
With all the fast food restaurants on every block, it can be hard to not cheat your diet.
Thanks again for the awesome tips on high protein foods.
Thanks, I’m glad this information was helpful!