If you are in the market for a new workout and wish to know what a good beginner kettlebell workout for women is, this is the review for you.
We are going to be looking at a very effective workout called Kettlebell Goddess that is very good for beginners and is available for DVD.
- Why you would want to do a kettlebell workout
- The company behind the DVD (important to look at) and the instructor, Andrea Du Cane
- Specifics of the workout
- The positives
- The negatives
- Whether I recommend it or not (spoiler** I do**)
So let’s get into it.
The Benefits of a Kettlebell Workout
There are many reasons why you would want to do a kettbell workout. Let’s take a look at the top 10.
- Functional strength: Functional strength is a lot different than superficial strength; the first is something you can use in real life and the other is just for looks. Some body builders get so stiff and rigid it hurts their breathing and packs their organs in so tight it can lead to complications. This won’t happen with kettlebells because you’ll be targeting your core muscle that help you get through the day.
- Won’t need a million different weights or equipment: If you wanted to build a home gym in your house it is going to cost you thousands and thousands of dollars. And if you want to save money on used equipment, you take the risk of buying defective equipment and injury. If you decide on a KB workout you will only need that one piece of equipment and your body. You will save money, and get the same, if not better results than you would have gotten with weights.
- More than just strength: Some people get over obsessed with strength and only exercise for it. Strength is an important aspect of beauty and athleticism but it isn’t the end all, be all. In fact, there are aspects that you should be developing equally with strength. Aspects like flexibility, balance, endurance and mobility. With KB’s you will get exactly that.
- Anyone can do it!: KB’s come in all different weights, so you can pick which weight best suits your ability. This adds a certain level of safeness.
- Fun and flexible: There are tons of different workouts you can do and you’ll always be moving. You can workout at home, in the gym, in the park, anywhere really.
- You’ll keep your feminine form: Some women (and men!) take body building too far. Their muscles become disproportionate and overly large. They almost seem like they were made in a lab and not the gym. Although you will certainly develop lean muscle, it won’t be bulky and unsightly.
- Joint Strength: It may seem like I’m picking on body builders and weight lifters at this point but many are setting themselves up for future joint problems and other problems for short lived gains. With a KB workout you will be persevering and strengthening your joints for now and later in life.
- Strength all around: You won’t just have strong arms and strong legs, you’ll have a strong body from head to toes. You will feel very quickly notice a difference in how your body feels in just a few weeks.
- Improved posture: Having good posture may seem like something small but it is extremely important to your overall health. Bad posture leaves to breathing problems and organ problems. You need good posture for your breathing because your ribs need movement, and posture ensures this. Your organs are affected by bad posture because they get packed in tightly and get little movement.
- It’s bad ass: Maybe this isn’t a health benefit but it is definitely true. You will feel more confident and people will take notice pretty fast.
Dragon Door Fitness Company
Dragon Door is one of the leaders in the industry and employ some of the most well known and respected trainers in the world. Some of these trainers include:
- Paul Wade
- Pavel Tsatsouline
- John Du Cane
- Al Kalvado
and many others. John Du Cane, the CEO of the company, and Pavel Tsatsouline are actually credited for starting the modern Kettlebell fitness movement in the USA.
Everything from this company is high quality and offers training in many different areas of fitness. They over nutrition advice, body weight training, Qigong, fitness dvd’s and different kettlebells.
Some big name companies of well known workouts have very shady practices. One of these companies is Beachbody with P90x and Insanity. There company is known as a MLM and which lead to false reviews; some people compare it to a pyramid scheme.
Dragon Door isn’t one of these companies.
Andrea Du Cane, wife of CEO John Du Cane and instructor of Kettlebell Goddess, is an excellent teacher.
She’s a veteran in the fitness world with over 20 years experience in aerobics, weight training, classical ballet, jazz dance, Argentinian tango, Kung Fu, Tai Chi and kettlebells.
Her recent goal was to bring fitness to all women and kettlebells have been her main focus as of late.
She always preaches technique and so her instruction is safe.
She wasn’t a natural athlete when she was younger and didn’t play any sports as a kid, which is really unbelievable if you look at her body. Her athletic skill, mobility, flexibility and body wasn’t something she was born with, she built it.
So even if you are a beginner with no fitness experience, she will help you reach your goals.
The Kettlebell Goddess Workout
The DVD is over 2 and half hours long and has routines for your upper body, lower body, abs and cardio, as well as cool downs and stretches to get you nice and warmed up. It also gives you the skills to make your own routines so you don’t become dependent on the DVD.
You will be able to workout anywhere you want after you have this knowledge. Places like:
- Your Home
- Hotel room
There are six different routines that are named after different Ancient Greek Goddesses and each serve a different purpose.
The first routine is called Artemis who is the Goddess of the Hunt. This is an upper body routine and works your chest, back, core and arms.
The next routine is called the Auxesia who is the Goddess of Growth. This routine focuses on your abs and core and gives you flat and toned abs.
The third routine is called Athena who is the Goddess of Wisdom and Military Victory. This routine is for full body strength.
The fourth routine is called Callipygos, which is surname for Aphrodite. and means “beautiful buttocks.” With a name like that you can probably guess this routine focuses on butt and legs.
The fifth routine is called Nike who is the Goddess of Victory. This routine focuses on cardio and endurance.
The sixth and final routine is called Odyne who is the Goddess of Pain and this one focuses on strength and cardio.
You also get bonuses for different drills and variety, and a PDF called “How to get the most out of out of your Kettlebell Goddess Workout DVD.”
Plus it is very affordable at $29.95.
This is a very, very solid routine with great instruction from someone who generally cares about your appearance and well being.
It is a safe routine because form and technique is stressed so much and it is really perfect for beginners. Andrea Du Cane is an expert in these exercises and her training is some of the best in the world.
Why risk injury or waste your time with workouts from people with a tenth of the experience? You can be assured you will be getting the best kettlebell workouts in the world and, some you can’t find anywhere else.
The results you get go beyond just having a fantastic body, one of a Greek Goddess. Your confidence will grow along with your body and so will your energy levels.
People will wonder what your secrets are.
The price is extremely fair at $29.95. At any local gym, instruction will cost you $50 dollars a hour and I gurantee they don’t have anywhere near the experience and knowledge of Andrea.
And if you already have a gym membership or are dead set on getting one, you can easily do these routines there. Don’t be surprised if people start asking you for advice though after they see you going!
Everything in the routine is fun and will keep you moving. You will truly enjoy this and you will be happy with your results.
The most important aspects of your overall health are your eliminating organs that filter and remove poisons and toxins from your body.
These organs include your lungs, skin, digestive system, liver and bowels. This routine will have some effect on improving them but there are more effective ways to improve their function.
This negative is nitpicking though because 99.99999% of workouts give zero attention to these areas. You can easily adapt simple techniques into your life that can strengthen these areas, that take little time.
Also, there will be a learning curve in the beginning so you’re going to have to put time aside for this.
As you learn and become more experienced, you won’t need nearly as much time and you’ll be able to make your own fast routines.
Besides these two things, which you can easily remedy, there isn’t much to complain about.
This really is one of the best routines for kettlebell workouts that is specifically deigned for beginners and for women.
It comes from a company that literally brought kettlebell fitness to America and you’ll have a hard time finding a better one.
The goal by Andrea Du Cane was to bring this type of workout to women and teach every women the skills needed to develop their body and confidence.
You don’t need to be a fitness expert, or have any fitness experience. Your needs will be taken care of.
I have ordered many products from Dragon Door and I’m always satisfied with what I get. It’s not only informative and gets amazing results, but it’s also fun and entertaining.
So if this sounds like something you are interested in, click here and get the DVD directly from Dragon Door’s website.
I hope you enjoyed this review. Please comment below any thoughts or opinions and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible.
Also, share on social media for friends and family to see.
Thanks for reading!