If you are staying awake longer than usual, you may be wondering what the Valerian Root dosage for sleep is.
This herb is one of the best to cure your insomnia and is far superior than any sleeping pills available on the market. Not only will it give you a full and restful night of sleep, you won’t get the nasty side effects that come along with other sleep aids.
It does a great job calming your nerves and putting you into the right mode of relaxation before bed. It can also help with:
- Palpations of the heart
- Bladder Stones
- Fight colds
- Stomach ulcers
- And prevent gas and indigestion
There are many ways to take Valerian, so you need to know which is best for you before you can known the dosage.
Let’s look at the different ways you can get its full benefits.
Different ways to take it
We’re going to be looking at 7 different ways to take this herb and the exact dosage for each one to give you a restful sleep.
A few of these ways require buying the root in its natural state or a grounded up powder. This can easily be done online and be delivered right to your house.
A few other ways like extract or capsules can be bought without needing the herb. The main ways to take it are:
- Infusion: For an infusion you will need a half ounce to a full ounce of the herb if you are looking to make a full pint. If you are looking for only a glass full, you will only need a teaspoon worth.
- Decoction: If you are using powdered, you only need to use a teaspoon and if you are using the root itself, you’ll need a tablespoon.
- Tincture: You only need a teaspoon or two with a glass of water.
- Extract: This is the highly concentrated version of a tincture and you only need 6 to 8 drops.
- Teas: You only need 1 teaspoon of the dried herb or 3 teaspoons of freshly cut herb.
- Powdered: Add one 1/2 teaspoon to 1/4 cup
- Capsules: Take 1 or two per day.
There are a few cautions
The FDA lists this as completely safe and when used in the dosages I recommend, it is completely safe.
This is a powerful herb, so you shouldn’t use it for more than three weeks at a time. You should explore new options if the problems isn’t fixed by then.
If you have a weak stomach it’s recommended that you sip every 15 minutes or so, until your stomach can take it.
You can add honey and other natural, organic substances to improve the taste for small children.
Hope this helps
I hope you learned a few things from this article and have a better idea of the type of ways you can take Valeria.
Each method has its pros and cons and will do wonders for your sleep.
Herbs are certainly the way to go too. Read the side effects that come with taking Nyquil, PM pills or Ambien. You can get addicted to them and you will find it impossible to get sleep without them.
Valeria will actually CURE the condition, not just solve it for the night. It has no addicting qualities and can be taken by anyone.
If you have further questions or just want to share your opinion, please comment below. Also, spread the message on social media for friends and family to see.
Thanks for reading!